• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 700j hourly rate

MattR

Just bought a 700j dozer. Real nice machine. It's a 2006 which to me is like a rocket ship in advancement compared to what I own. What is a basic hourly rate for a machine like this? I have had lots of older big cats and small cats. I currently have a 550 G I charge 130 for per hour. And a d6c which I charge between 130 and 150 per hour. Where would the 700j fall in to be fair for both the customer and myself? Thank you

Blue-Fox

Occupation
Oilfield Owner/Operator
Bobcats are getting $225/hr here with just a bucket to move snow. I'm going to be at $250 until fuel prices are back down with my 450c. My D6C would be $450 if theres any work.

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
It all comes down to how much you can get in the area's you operate in. In today's economy I don't intent to use my D6C in my area for any less than $300.00 an hour and it would depend on what I would be required to do with it if I worked it for that price. Where I am there are people that would work one for less? maybe they feel they need to. I own mine and if it sits I move on with jobs that require my other, cheaper to operate equipment. It can stay where it's at now, which is my equipment yard, If/until work I want comes along it isn't costing me a penny.

Blue-Fox

Occupation
Oilfield Owner/Operator
Inflation is real. People for some reason think it’s fake. Or people are gouging customers. The gub nuts cannot just go blow ten trillion dollars in a couple years and the cost of goods stay same as 5 years ago.

If you work too cheap you’ll be broke. Fuel, repair labor and basic machine maintenance parts are double what they cost 5 years ago just the same.