• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 570A brake control valve

RPRZEN

Occupation
OILFIELD, CONSTRUCTION, RANCH EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN
I have encountered an old 70s model 570A that had blown a piston out of the brake control valve. I rebuilt the valve with new internals and checks. I installed it and when I ran the unit to test function it blew the gasket out between the two body sections. What am I missing here? Could it be a pressure control valve issue or a return blockage?

.RC.

I think it more the 570A is pretty old and was obscure even back then, so few have any information about them. I have a service manual for our 670A, but it is not a 570A.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Sure is a lot of help here! Forget this!

For me, I missed this post. Plus I can't help with every Deere post that shows up. I do work full time so I only have a limited amount of time on the forum. Also, there are other guys that are knowledgeable with Deere but as RC stated that is a real old machine that few here have even laid eyes on. I have worked on a few 570A's but the last time I touched one was 30+ years ago. So I don't even remember what brake valve is used on it. How about posting a picture of the brake valve. Point out the gasket that blew out.

My questions are (1), was pressure to the brake valve checked? and (2) is the return line from the brake valve (I think it comes out the top) free and clear back to the reservoir with no obstructions or kinks?

Last edited: