• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 450B Teeth

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
Fellas,

Anyone have any opinions on putting tiger teeth on a 450b? I have some new teeth (U16086) and shanks that are pretty wide (about 3" or so) that Could be put on.I'm planning on digging a shale bank back about 25' and thought a tiger tooth would dig better but I wasn't sure how well they would hold up on a track loader.

Attachments

• ATT89229 - Copy.jpg
    ATT89229 - Copy.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 386

sstocker31

That looks like the same shank and tooth that were on the JD555 I ran way back when. Had no problems with them then, but only used them in clay....hard and frozen variety.

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
hey stocker, how did they work out? I figured a tiger tooth would dig much much easier than that flat spade would.

sstocker31

The ones I had on worked just fine. I think weather or not it would work depends on the angle that the shank holds the tooth compared to the bottom surface of the bucket.....

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
I was thinking that I could get the most aggressive teeth possible to make the digging go easier being that its a fairly older machine. New teeth will make a huge difference compared to the rounded out stubs that are on there now. I just was not sure if the tiger's were available or would take the breakout force in a crawler application without snapping off. I know larger hoe's run them with no problem but Im pretty sure they have a different attachment style than my little crawler does.