• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 444j monitor

Spiva Const

Occupation
Retired underground utility contractor
The oil pressure and transmission temp gauges peg right after I start the loader. They return to zero when the key is off. The idiot light doesn’t come on. The monitor part #AT355016. I was wondering if anyone has tried to open up the monitor and repair individual gauges or if there is someone that does a rebuild. The cost is $1,250+ for new.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
With Deere, like others, always need a serial number (Deere loves s/n breaks:(). Do you have any codes? Press the menu button then highlight and select codes. Check active and stored. Post any codes listed.

Spiva Const

Occupation
Serial#444JZ598647
There are no codes showing up. The oil gauge after startup goes to the high pressure side stop but if you let the engine idle down it moves back about a 1/4”. The trans temp just goes to the stop and stays there. The water temp goes close to the red on startup but the fuel gauge is correct and the hour meter works. The water gauge starts out close to the red and after a few minutes moves into the red but the motor isn’t hot it just seems the gauges are are not calibrated correct. Seems like a voltage issue.

heymccall

Fuel gauge is straight analog. On my 544J, when the monitor quits communicating, rpms show zero and the only gauge that works is the fuel gauge.

I'd be more inclined to believe that you have a ground circuit issue.
Unplug either sensor in question and start machine. Does that gauge respond differently? Repeat on other sensors.

Spiva Const

Occupation
Right now the loader is plowing snow in Pollock Pines, CA non-stop but I will check the sensors when the snow finally stops falling!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Unplug either sensor in question and start machine.

Doing so should generate codes which may help in your diagnosis. If it does then your wiring back to the controllers are OK. Does not mean the sensor or gauge is OK but it at least it will eliminate something.