• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 410B fuel issue

Newt

I have a 410B John Deere that has a fuel issue, thought it was transfer pump bypassed with electric pump, ran for a little bit then would shut off and die out would not rev up and would barely idle, I think it might be the fuel shut off solenoid on pump, is there any way to bypass or remove shutoff to see if that fixes problem. Thanks Newt

Delmer

Not that I know of, not easily at least.

That sounds like classic fuel starvation, usually a solenoid is either off or on, not much in between. But my expertise on old Deeres ends where the injection pump starts...

Look at the directions I posted in the JCB 210s fuel thread about a dozen down in the backhoe forum. That will tell you how to use the transfer pump to see what the fuel pressure is when it dies. I'm guessing you have a blockage between the transfer pump and the tank, maybe the screen inside the tank, a collapsed hose, plugged up fitting etc. If using the transfer pump tells you there's a vacuum then you know where to start looking.