• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 35D /35G

Kenskip1

OK, Before anyone tries to hang me, I did use the search function. Anyway can anyone tell me the difference between the two? Better performance from the G? Any upgrades that would justify the cost? Better fuel economy over the D? Anyway if anyone knows any reasonable difference I would like to hear about it. Thanks, Ken

Don.S

We had a D and ran it to 6000 hours with no problems other then the radio some hoses and a pump coupler at 5500 hours. We put that machine through hell and back and it never gave up.
When it was time for a new machine the dealer sent us a G to try out for 15 hours and it was absolutely terrible. After that we rented one for 50 hours just to be sure we hated it. I and short and would hit my elbow in the side of the radio once every five minutes and my boss is tall and would hit the top of the radio and turn it off. If you track and try to use the stick and boom at the same time the tracks would slow and if on a slope they would stop. For digging under low things it was useless because of that. I got stuck down in a hoke because the machine could not drag its self out. The dealer took the machine back and then said they fixed the issue and had us try it again. It was slightly better but still had the issue.
If we could have found a low hour D we would have bought it in a second. Boss ended up buying a kubota that is nothing special.

Kenskip1

Don,From the sounds of it the machine had a hydraulic lack of pressure. This is the way it sounds to me.Just looked and the 35 D are available.Hours are 1200 and up. Thanks for the reply, Ken

Don.S

If we could have found a D with 1200 hours we would have got one. Everything around here had 3000 or more hours and the asking price was 35000$ and up.

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
I believe the D was the last version of pre emissions. Anything past the D series (or those years anyway) more gadgets, more wires, more sensors, more stuff to go wrong. Don S. have you looked at the yanmar mini's.?

Don.S

Yes we did a little but the dealer did not impress my boss much. We have a takeuchi 180 and really wanted to try a smaller one but the dealer was absolutely useless. My boss called them multiple times trying to get a demo and they could never bother calling back. I tried a wacker neuson and was extremely impressed with it. Everything was very well thought out and the machine ran extremely smooth. They were not able to compete with the price kubota came down too so we ended up with a u-55. Honestly I am not very impressed with it.

Kenskip1

Yes we did a little but the dealer did not impress my boss much. We have a takeuchi 180 and really wanted to try a smaller one but the dealer was absolutely useless. My boss called them multiple times trying to get a demo and they could never bother calling back. I tried a wacker neuson and was extremely impressed with it. Everything was very well thought out and the machine ran extremely smooth. They were not able to compete with the price kubota came down too so we ended up with a u-55. Honestly I am not very impressed with it.
https://www.machinio.com/listings/4...=email&utm_source=machinio-abandoned-sessions