• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 35c

HSanabria

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and in much need of some help. I have recently bought an early 2002-2005 John Deere 35c mini excavator that has some issues; primarily all the original electrical wiring its gone, but someone managed to re wire all the basics, the machine runs, basically is an ignition switch and analog hour, battery, oil pressure, and water pressure gauges. Hydraulics is my big concern, like I said the machine runs and digs but it lacks power on swing motor, it swings really slow either way; left or right on a 360 turn. Another issue is that left track is really slower than the right one; at the point that it stops if right track is not moving, same going forwards or reverse. Finally, hydraulic oil gets pretty hot (have not measure temp yet but oil tank tube lines get hot within minutes of use), the hydraulic controls on joystick turn pretty hot at touch too. I have done basic maintenance like engine oil change, cleaned and drained radiator, fixed most of hydraulics leaks and greased most of grease points. I can work around the machine but my knowledge is limited, that is why I am looking for advice, tips, tricks or diagrams anyone can provide me with, did buy a parts and service manual, but is not of much help, it lacks electrical and hydraulic info, but is someone needs it I think I can share it too. Bought the machine at a good price, trying to save me some money here, thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Henry Sanabria

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Henry;)!

Serial Number?

it lacks electrical and hydraulic info

Schematics and diagnostic information are in the Operation and Test manual TM2052.

hydraulic oil gets pretty hot

Will need a temperature shot from and infrared temp gun. Cannot go by hand feel.

HSanabria

Welcome to HEF Henry;)!
Thank you for creating this means of helping each other, will do my best to record any repairs for future reference if needed here.
Serial Number?
FF035CX232039

Schematics and diagnostic information are in the Operation and Test manual TM2052.
Will download now. I saw your reply on a thread ¨35C propel alarm circuit.pdf¨ that showed the diagram, I was about to ask where did you get it but still don't know how to message members directly. Thanks

Will need a temperature shot from and infrared temp gun. Cannot go by hand feel.
I have read that hydraulic can reach temps up to 180 Fahrenheit, and like you said i need a meter to be sure, once i have will post here.