• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

john deere 350c air in fuel?

Bluox

So I got to the machine today
Yep a wire right out of the top- didn’t see it before
Put test light on and machine fired right up- turned off after a min and light still on- not solenoid

Pulled the reurn line off the pump and started machine, fuel squirted out from pump making a mess but machine ran clear and dint turn off.

Cleaned check valve fitting and put back on- machine started and sounded clear then started to hesitate like before and then turned off

Removed check valve and machine ran clear and stayed running

With machine off fuel kinda built up and oozed out of top of pump with no line connected

I don’t really get the check valve on this as it doesn’t seem to be a check valve I am used to but now to search parts for where to get a new one from
You need to have your pump repaired.
Bob

Gwilkrrs

Well I took the return line off and blew it clear back to the tank

Started machine with line removed and check valve installed- machine started and sounded clear

Turned machine off and installed return line- started machine and it ran clear for awhile (4 min maybe) then turned off

put a rag under the pump and took the side plate off and got “mouse turds”
The gasket plate is coming apart - damn

now to find a pump repair place

thanks all

Delmer

thepumpguy is the expert on this stuff, very well recomended around here. Takes bad checks too!:D

Gwilkrrs

Good to hear- we are in communication trying to figure out logistics……

good to know he takes bad checks!

Gwilkrrs

Si I sent the pump out to thepumpguy-
I was able to install it this afternoon-
Machine cranked for awhile with an injector line cracked and then fired right up-
I worked the machine for about 15 min and it ran great!

then I shut it off and heard a hissing and a touch of steam- and realized the temp gauge wasn’t working-

I checked the oil level prior to starting and will check for a bit to make sure I didn’t roll the cone gasket on the driveshaft and let it “make” oil

big shout out to thepumpguy for setting me straight and getting me back running

Welder Dave

Thepumpguysc is the bomb! Most of the time he can tell you exactly what's wrong, what parts you need and where to get them just by reading your post. He helped me on my Perkins and was absolutely correct that you can't buy some parts individually. You have to buy a whole kit unless someone has put together a home made kit of just what you need.