• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 333G backup camera

Jlierl

Thanks for the ad! When I’m using my JD 333G skid steer w the forestry mulcher, my backup camera goes out after 20 minutes and gives the error code 1/1 VC1 520760.02. Restart of engine results in restoring the camera but only for about 2-3 minutes before it goes out again.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF jlierl;)!

Serial number?

520760.02 is "Camera Signal Invalid". Basically, you could have an open circuit, shorted circuit, software malfunction or a hardware malfunction. That narrows is down, doesn't it?:eek:

Jlierl

The camera is mounted in the metal grill 2 inches from a 3 ft diameter fan that expels all the heat generated by the track loader. Is there such a thing as a heat resistant camera?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Not that I am aware of. Was post number 4 supposed to be the serial number? I still need that for accurate information. It is a picture of the code.

Last edited:

Jlierl

F6574CA8-C86F-456B-AF02-0DB830461B2F.jpeg Here is the serial number and pic of the camera

Attachments

• 575216F4-3CEA-4D4F-8326-F75836C9B199.jpeg
    575216F4-3CEA-4D4F-8326-F75836C9B199.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11

Jlierl

Not that I am aware of. Was post number 4 supposed to be the serial number? I still need that for accurate information. It is a picture of the code.
Posted the serial number and pic of the camera

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Sorry, I should have been more clear on what I need. I need the machine serial number, not the camera or software numbers.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Based on your serial number there is new software available for most of your controllers including the video controller. I recommend that you get the dealer to update all your software first. Can't say it will be the fix for your particular issue but you need to start there. There is a Deere solution (our term for service bulletin) that addresses video freeze up or going blank and the fix is a software update.

Jlierl

I greatly appreciate your information. Unfortunately I have major problems with the dealership where I have spent a lot of money and had my time wasted. Just had a good meeting with a different Deere dealer about this issue and they didn’t know of that service advisory. Is there a special designated code to advise them? Is there any way an estranged customer can find out solutions to the problems Deere already knows about?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
All I can say is your machine has the software that is listed in the solution as the fix, but Deere has since updated that software. Unfortunately we are not told what the software is addressing. Also the solution does not necessarily mean that is what is wrong with your machine.

Is there any way an estranged customer can find out solutions to the problems Deere already knows about?

Nope.

Jlierl

Thanks again. I will need to convey this information to someone who can update Deere software. Would you be interested in the outcome?

B. Jones

Any news on this? I’m seeing the same issue with my 333g. It’s a 2020 model and this is the second camera installed. I thought the first was damaged and it was supposedly replaced under warranty. 2 months later and the replacement doesn’t work either. Same codes as your issue.

Jlierl

Absolutely.
I spent $318 to have the software update. The image went out 20 minutes into bush cutting just like before the upgrade. This time there’s no error code generated, and restarting the machine no longer restores the image at all. I have not yet restarted the machine today cold.

Jlierl

Any news on this? I’m seeing the same issue with my 333g. It’s a 2020 model and this is the second camera installed. I thought the first was damaged and it was supposedly replaced under warranty. 2 months later and the replacement doesn’t work either. Same codes as your issue.
Any news on this? I’m seeing the same issue with my 333g. It’s a 2020 model and this is the second camera installed. I thought the first was damaged and it was supposedly replaced under warranty. 2 months later and the replacement doesn’t

work either. Same codes as your issue.
Software update didn’t correct anything but did cost 318 dollars.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
No codes now? Interesting.

When a dealer updates software their laptops should be connected to the network to upload that information to Deere. According to what I see the software has not been updated (or uploaded). If you go into your monitor and look at the screen you posted above did the version change?

It should read:
P/N - AT452238
Version - 02.11

If it reads the above version then I would check power and grounds to the camera and the monitor when it fails to make sure they are good. Make sure the F33 fuse is nice and snug in its connection. You may have to test the "CAN" wiring as well to make sure it does not have any opens or shorts as well. If they all check out then I would suspect a camera issue.

I PM'd you.

Jlierl

Previous version was 00.04 and currently it’s 02.11;
Previous build number was 00062 and current is 2.11.3-ci00001. Part number did not change. Unfortunately I don’t have the expertise to check the electronic parameters you mentioned. This happens when the machine warms up to it’s operating temperature in the summer. I swept snow for hours with no problem last winter. Last summer the machine was kept by the dealership for 2 months to replace a $350 manifold and the camera issue was not the focus, but it happened then too. There’s only 555 hours on the machine. How common is the camera problem in 333g’s? Someone else on this conversation had the original camera and the warranty replacement stop working. Hate to keep frying $500 plus cameras if they are not built for it!