• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 320E fan conversion

HQ Junkie

I have a JD 320E with the standard fan on it & want to convert it to the reversing fan option, need to know if i only need the reversing fan kit to do this. serial# above 270k. contacted John Deere customer service & my dealership with no help from anyone about this conversion ,they don't know, tell me to see my dealer( ha ha ha ) they don't know any thing either.
can any one help ( parts aren't cheep to experiment with )

hookedondiesel

Don't really understand what you mean, do you want the fan to go in the opposite direction? If so, I would think just reversing the feed wires would do it. Not really sure but maybe someone else will chime in.

Vetech63

Need MG on this one but I know on most Deere stuff I have seen the fan control valve is different. The reversing type will have the reversing coil and a select switch in the cab....maybe the skid steer is different?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I have a JD 320E with the standard fan on it & want to convert it to the reversing fan option, need to know if i only need the reversing fan kit to do this. serial# above 270k

Need the letter before the last 6 digits of the serial number please.

AT448244 Reversing Fan Drive kit would need to be ordered. To make it work a software has to be ordered and installed by your dealer to tell your machine controller it now has that option.

HQ Junkie

Need the letter before the last 6 digits of the serial number please.

AT448244 Reversing Fan Drive kit would need to be ordered. To make it work a software has to be ordered and installed by your dealer to tell your machine controller it now has that option.
J is the letter

HQ Junkie

I bought the solenoid valve body used on prior years thinking i needed it also, but i am wrong (expensive lesson ) now stuck with a part not needed.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I bought the solenoid valve body used on prior years thinking i needed it also, but i am wrong (expensive lesson ) now stuck with a part not needed.

Bummer:mad:! The kit is just a solenoid, switch and instructions that include instructions for the software download which only the dealer can do.