• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 319D jerky controls

suladas

Bought a Deere 319D last week, changed every single fluid and filter before running it, ran it today sure operates a lot different then the Case's i'm use to, but I found even as I got use to it, if i'm driving, bucket up/down, and tilting at once it's kind of jerky. I'm running H pattern, didn't try ISO to see if it changes. If i'm strictly running bucket or moving it seems to be ok, likely mostly getting use to controls. But occasionally just seems jerky? I don't know if it's normal, but seems a bit off. Hydraulics are filled with Shell 0w40 synthetic.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
JD has some of the worst EH controls of anything I have run in my opinion. I have only demoed them and couldn't stand them. I guess guys get used to it but there is no way I could.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Do you have a service manual? Perform a Boom/Bucket and Hydrostatic System calibrations. That might help.

suladas

JD has some of the worst EH controls of anything I have run in my opinion. I have only demoed them and couldn't stand them. I guess guys get used to it but there is no way I could.

Put about 30 hours on it now i've got a bit more use to it, but still the controls are awful. I am shocked at how bad they are compared to Case, which is what i've pretty only ran. I figured being a 2013 and a brand like Deere that wouldn't be an issue, but i'm not impressed not just the controls but overall the machine. Putting it up for sale, if I can get out of it what i'm into it for, I will be buying something else, i'm just glad I got a pretty good deal and they seem to have good resale for some reason. Almost pulled the trigger on a Takeuchi TL8 instead, and wish I did.

suladas

Do you have a service manual? Perform a Boom/Bucket and Hydrostatic System calibrations. That might help.

No but i've had 2 others run it and say exactly the same, one who has run numerous Deere CTL's and said it's exactly how the others have operated.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I demoed a 328E back before I bought an SV300 in 2014 so I ran a wheeled machine. I put 14 hours on it and I couldn't get it back to the dealer fast enough. Continually getting the machine hung up, banging my elbows on a steel bar that runs along the interior of the cab on both sides. Great breakout when rolling the bucket up, but zero power when pushing away with the bucket, like when you get hung up. I have never demoed their CTL but really don't see a need to.

suladas

I demoed a 328E back before I bought an SV300 in 2014 so I ran a wheeled machine. I put 14 hours on it and I couldn't get it back to the dealer fast enough. Continually getting the machine hung up, banging my elbows on a steel bar that runs along the interior of the cab on both sides. Great breakout when rolling the bucket up, but zero power when pushing away with the bucket, like when you get hung up. I have never demoed their CTL but really don't see a need to.

I don't mind the cab actually, better then the Case 400 series cabs for sure, but worse then the XT or Alpha. All my experience is in wheeled machines, aside from a PT30 so I can't really speak to the capabilities of it. It pushes great, but it needs to be WOT to lift or curl a heaping bucket, and it still struggles if it's heaping too much, as well as it won't lift the last 6" or so inches with a heaping bucket. Granted for the HP it is a lot heavier and won't tip like a wheeled machine, it seems a bit weak there I haven't compared exact buckets but it looks like the same size i've run on the case 430 and 75 xt. But i've found I can't get it to run really smooth like I can the case, even the old 75 XT has better controls and will run smoother.