• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 310SJ Front Axle

bclayton

Working on a John Deere 310Sj. Replacing seals on the right front for the hub and axle leaking. I'm having a difficult time getting the axle out of the hub to replace the seal in the back of the hub. Is there a special tool or any tricks? Thank you in advance

Canadian_digger

6069350C-74D4-4B86-BBDD-08B0E25F234B.jpeg 797EBC69-3430-4F47-AD0D-5B5FB188484F.jpeg That axle is held in with a Snap ring. You need long snap ring pliers. I made my own out of old set of pliers and two screw drivers. I had to put a slight bend and grind the screw divers for clearance about an inch back from the tips.

Canadian_digger

It’s been a couple years since I did that repair and it’s coming back to me. There is also a snap ring that I use a screw driver to open. I just put a flat screwdriver and twist is 90* then you can pull the shaft out.

MG might have other tricks or a better way to do it. As I’m not a mechanic I’m just an owner doing my own repairs.