• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 310SE Paint

boone

Can anyone tell me what the correct paint is for the black/charcoal parts of the John Deere 310 E/SE?

I'm going to repaint the shroud over the tank and the rops and floor pan under the mat. Thinking of going with a semi-gloss rustoleum black. It's currently faded to almost a gray charcoal color. I'd like to get the correct sheen on it so it doesn't look too over shinyBlack.JPG .

JL Sargent

For what it's worth no gloss paint short of an automotive paint job will stay glossy. I've painted all kinds of steel with Rustoleum's gloss black and it has always ended up flat black after a year or two.

boone

Thanks. I painted it this weekend and went with Valspar Rust Armour Semi-gloss. It's the sheen I wanted. You're right. It will be flat black in no time.

Nick G

Occupation
Former operator, farmer
Good post, I just bought 2000 310SE. What are people using to match the original construction JD yellow? I never realized there were so many shades of yellow!