• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 310G Injection Pump Timing

Chad

All- I am working on a 2001 John Deere 310G with a PowerTech 4.5L that has some injection pump issues. I have found the throttle moves from closed position to WOT unrestricted. I believe there is a return spring inside the pump, and is not operating correctly. I have decided to change the pump. I have consulted the service manual and searched online on how to set the pump timing. There has been no success in finding a proper procedure, and of course calling John Deere would result in trying to get it into the service department (can't blame 'em!). This JD has a Stanadyne distributor style pump, which I don't have much experience with. Removing the pump is simple, but making sure it is timed correctly with the engine is another issue. I checked the front drive gear for timing marks, nothing found. Nothing to indicate TDC (ie: timing pin hole and lock on Case 580 series). Any info. or maybe a link would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chad

Chad

Right direction!

All- N/M about the info. I requested. I created an online account with my friendly local JD dealer and downloaded PDF version of the service manual I need. Got a couple of extra while I was there! :bouncegri Thanks!

Chad