• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 310 SJ Parts Price

LanmarFM

I just had to replace the safety unlock switch for a 310 backhoe. I couldn't believe it when I went to our Nortrax dealer that a 3 position safety switch was $175. Is anyone else experiencing this ridiculous amount of mark up on there parts?

hosspuller

Unless you're in a break down situation and can't wait a couple of days... I suggest greenfarmparts.com Search their site by Deere p/n .

Other than price... getting parts support for older machines is why I chose Deere equipment.

Delmer

Machinery trader dot com has a part number search, very handy way to search for parts like this, as long as you can find the part number.

hookedondiesel

I just had to replace the safety unlock switch for a 310 backhoe. I couldn't believe it when I went to our Nortrax dealer that a 3 position safety switch was $175. Is anyone else experiencing this ridiculous amount of mark up on there parts?
Not sure what a "safety unlock switch" is but ebay has allot of parts that are 1/3 of the price. Yes, you may have to order from the states but still much cheaper. It's where I get most of my parts.

El Hombre

Any kind of dealership is going to make more money selling parts and service than they will selling new equipment. It's a big chunk at one time with the new equipment, but the parts and service have much higher percentages of profit, as you found out, and that's what keeps the doors open.

And as more options become available for parts, like used and aftermarket that you can actually find because of the internet, they have to increase the price on the parts that are dealer only to compensate. I'm not a dealer, but was involved with them, and that was what they told me. Made sense.

Plongson

Green Farm Parts online seems to specialize in the green John Deere and not so much yellow John Deere. The few parts I ran a price check on at GF only came up if it looked like they were generic across the model lines. Anything specific to yellow machines didn't to come up.

Except for the price gouging at the dealer, they are undoubtedly the best source for parts...unfortunately...

You'd think some certified dealer would jump on the internet bandwagon and sell at a "reduced" internet price.

I have a Harley and the dealer prices are as outrageous as JD...BUT...there are HD parts available on the internet from HD DEALERS at reasonable prices. ie. Surdyke and a few others...

Anyone found a JD internet dealer selling parts?

hosspuller

Green Farm Parts online seems to specialize in the green John Deere and not so much yellow John Deere. The few parts I ran a price check on at GF only came up if it looked like they were generic across the model lines. Anything specific to yellow machines didn't to come up.

Except for the price gouging at the dealer, they are undoubtedly the best source for parts...unfortunately...

You'd think some certified dealer would jump on the internet bandwagon and sell at a "reduced" internet price.

I have a Harley and the dealer prices are as outrageous as JD...BUT...there are HD parts available on the internet from HD DEALERS at reasonable prices. ie. Surdyke and a few others...

Anyone found a JD internet dealer selling parts?

I am surprised at your results. I've gotten a price for every part for my 310C backhoe from GF. They are a large Deere dealer so I would expect them to order any Deere part. Are you sure your part numbers are current ? A superseded or non current number will not be found at GF.

Another method is to just do an internet search of the part. Just type deere + part number in your browser.

Last edited:

Plongson

I have access to the JD Parts Advisor for getting part numbers. I recently needed the cam plate for the "Return to Dig", PN# CB01452370. I believe it is probably somewhat unique to the yellow 210LE loader line.

Run it on GF and it says "Part not found". I was looking for a competitive price. I'm not saying GF could not order it, just that their web search crawler could not find it...and that is just one of several I was looking for.

Paul