1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

John Deere 310 SE Project

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by boone, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Kenelz

Kenelz Member

I enjoyed watching the project, thank you for posting it. There is so much knowledge on this forum, especially when the professional wrenches chime in to help.

it was mentioned about not raising the stabilizers, been there, done that with my JD500A. Moving around to dig a big stump, there is no reason to raise them all the way. But, one time I was done, and flying through the woods coming back, I had one catch a tree. A real wake up call, it ripped and bent the iron where it attaches to the tractor.

2. boone

boone Senior Member

Welcome to the forums, Kenelz. Yeah, I'm constantly amazed at the vast array of knowledge on the forum and they're willingness to share and help out on some pretty intimidating equipment problems. Sure makes working on this stuff easier.

I've been enjoying the machine. I'm like you, if moving around I don't raise the stabilizers all the way and sometimes forget they're low. I haven't hit anything, but can imagine that would swing the machine around...ouch. Got any pictures of your JD500A. That sounds like a big machine.

3. Kenelz

Kenelz Member

Here is a pic of when I was fixing the stabilizer.
    HoeMar.JPG

Tinkerer likes this.
  4. boone

boone Senior Member

That's a hoss, Kenelz. Looks like a clean machine. Thanks for the pic.

Kenelz likes this.