• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 3032E problems

syndy

Occupation
Retired
In 2015 we bought a John Deere 3032E with loader, 6’ mower deck plus a landscape rake. It was new but had about 15 hours on it from, (what the sales guy said was from being driven around the lot). After we had it for about a week the left rear wheel fell off. They said I should have checked the lugs at 10 hours per the manual. I said it was their fault for not checking, as they owned it at 10hrs. Then I found the transmission a qt low on oil. There were a few other things so they extended my warranty to 1000hrs and to 2021 whichever came first.

Fast foreword to now, and about a total of 15 incidents of needing some sort of repair either at my place or theirs. Right now it is in their shop with the front axle seals being replaced, (new vent plug being installed), valve in PTO being replaced as it was making lots of noise and the bucket lift cylinders being worked on for the second time for leak-down, I hope.

I have asked for the warranty hours to be extended to 2000 and leave the 2021 date alone. I have told them that the tractor was a lemon, I don’t trust it and that I thought it was a returned tractor they sold me. I also told them my Craftsman GT500 and my Case 580Se had less repairs and were much more trustworthy yet older.

Ok, now I am getting real pissed as they have had the tractor for 3 weeks to do about 5 hours work? I have kept my mouth shut as I am waiting for an answer to my 2000hr request. We have no tractor lemon laws in NC but the repair records will show it’s a dud to anyone who may want to buy it, (lowers the value).

My first question is, has anyone had a similar experience with a 3032E around a 20014 and up model, are they the Edsel of tractors???

Second, has anyone tried to get a dealer to extend the hours on the warranty?

Third, can you get a dealer to buy back a dud?

syndy

Occupation
Retired
I got my tractor back last Thursday. The mechanic rode shotgun with the driver so I was able to ask questions.
They put new seals in the front axle but did not put the new dipstick vent in the axle. Never got a good answer why but I will find out. Could not determine if a valve was replaced in the PTO but was told the right arm was falling off because the bolt was broken or lose. He put a new o-ring in and a new bolt. Said it was a common problem. (Great another poor design). The bucket leak down was checked he said and was not that much, (I disagree). When I told him my Case 580SE does not leak down, why should the JD? I got another new answer. (“It is a residential tractor and it does not have a check valve”). Just more BS from JD. (Different quality for different buyers).
So they kept my tractor for a full 3 weeks to do about 4-5 hours work on it. I asked why? He said that he was the only one working on it and he was busy. I told him that his answer was absurd and it won’t happen again. Still have not heard about extending the hours to 2000 but will be talking to the manager this week. Everyone around here is tied up with Florence passing through so it may take time.

syndy

Occupation
Retired
Well. It looks like I’m screwed. I have had emails flying back and forth with my dealer and right now everything is up in the air. I have a PowerGardTM Protection Plan Residential on the tractor until 2021 or 1000 hours. I have 450 hours on the machine and am asking for it to be up graded to 2000 hours. I have found out that there are 2 PowerGardTM Protection Plans, one just PowerGardTM Protection Plan and one PowerGardTM Protection Plan Residential. The first one could be upgraded but it is not for utility tractors in the 3000 series. The dealer says the residential plan I have cannot be up graded. I said that was bs that he should be able to do it because of the many repairs my tractor has.

Now he is sending all my emails to the support team, (who ever they are) and JD. He has offered to pick up my tractor but did not say just what he would work on. I told him that I needed a plan, what work would he do and how long would it take, (no more 3 weeks in the shop for 4-5 hours of work). They also put 5 hours on the machine, must have left the key on. I feel they sold me a lemon and need to stand up to it. BTW, they paid for the extended warranty.