• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

john deere 3010/1961

rebarman

recently bought this vintage tractor with loader and forks,has been great but now has developed a shudder and shake when lifting with the loader,3 point has no problems up.Fluid is up and hyd/pump valve is opened all the way any help and advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

BIG D

hyd shutter

Older J D used a high pressure stand by hyd system .your problem could be the pump it self. The first thing I would due is change the hyd filter which I believe is inside the tractor. .....The system is very hard to T.S if filter doesnt help you need to hook up a flow rater to ck pump if pump meets specs.the problem is a high pressure leak inside th tractor this could be the power steering the selective control outlects the 3 point lift or even the brakes. these can be checked by compairing flow rating with original pump test. good luck . you might have too seek a J.D dealers help the BIG D

nitro200exc

What is shuddering and shaking or is it a noise and vibration issue while lifting ? (cylinders or tractor)
The front pump has a drive coupler at the front of the crank that has nylon bushing that wear out and make a lot of noise and vibration. The coupler is a split unit that is held together with two 3/8" bolts.

jd270

look down on the side of the tractor in front of the rear end you will see a round cast filer housing they use a cartrage filter ...........the engine oil filter is on the left side by the step by the oil pan it is a cartrage fillter also ....is it a gas or a diesel .......i have 1 3010gas 2 3010 diesels and a 3020 diesel and a 4020 diesel that i use as a loader tractor ......the are used all the time a couple with over 12,000 hrs

nitro200exc

Valid point jd270. I forgot all about the McGiver greshen valve trick. We had one 3010 three 3020's and a 4020 P/S. I put a coupler in all of our hydraulic filter housings to cure the shakes.

farmnfly

Does the power steering quit at the same time. I remember in ag school that on those models, if the clutch is dissengaged, the transmission pump is not turning and there is about a gallon of oil in the accumulator to keep things working untill the clutch is released. When it does it next time, put the tractor in neutral and release the clutch and see if it goes away

Stump-rancher

Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
im not really familiar with John Deere. but my old FE-35 shudders when its cold because of the small 2 cylinder piston pump. shudders faster when the engine speed is higher. once it warms up it goes away.

tobac

Occupation
Retired Engineer
I am wondering if you have solved this problem. It can be caused by the transmission pump not supplying sufficient oil to allow the main pump to put out full output. Foot on clutch certainly can cause problems. By putting the return line from the loader into filter housing will supply oil to main pump in leu of the transmission pump. This is most important if you are operating a hydraulic motor. Hydraulic filter clogged can be a problem. In time a worn transmission pump can also cause the same problem. Hope you have been able to solve it.