• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 27c tricky hose coupler

Stewfish

My friend bought a John Deere 27C at the auction and we picked it up today. It had a leaky hose under the right pedal and so I got that disconnected. The isue now it the W1 and W2 hoses go over to a metal plate where the hose coupler feeds and is bolted through the plate. On the other side and a quick connect coupler with a plack plastic ribbed sleeve slides back and forth but won't disconnect no.matter how we push or pull on the hose. Without the hose disconnected II can't unbolt it to replace the small 8" hose.

Do we need a special tool?

What is the name of this coupler? Quick connect? Is it on other excavators bc they seems so small and I have never seen them? I removed the plastic sleeve on the W-2 hose coupler. I was thinking it was a single use protective sleeve you had to cut off to remove the bolt bc the bolt was mashing up against it. After removing it though I saw it was a coupler. The sleeve will snap back on and still work, but no amount of fiddling with the hose or sleeve have gotten the hose off or the one above it. It's so wierd.

IMG_20190211_195726_01.jpg

Last edited: