• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 250 weak/slow hydraulics

Rueben1980

Hi, I have a John Deere 250 skidsteer. The hydraulics are very slow after operating for a short time. The gear pump was replaced 50 hours ago plus new filter and system relief valve and boom relief valve. Any thought or ideas would be welcome thanks. Machine located in Melbourne Australia.

ferrret3238

I have a 1999 john deere 250 that is sometimes that way also. When I push the brake off switch sometimes it takes about 10 seconds for the brakes to release which isn't long but it seems like it. That might be unrelated or the pump might be weak on mine. As for the lift sometimes mine hesitates when I step on the foot controls and when I step a little harder they work so I'm assuming that's a linkage problem with the foot controls. Have you checked the linkages on your foot controls? When I opened mine up for the first time, I purchased it used I found about 3 inches of debris and junk in the pan and all around the valves so check the valves for stuff that could be jamming up the linkages also. One of my pins just started to squeal a little bit so that might be another thing to check for binding / or drag.