• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 250 Series II

Fieldman12

I was looking in my manual today and noticed for the hydraulic reservoir tank it mentions to remove two drain plugs. I only remember removing the one at the rear. I looked at my machine and it does have two but looks like the plastic tank has moved some and I would not be able to remove plug without moving the tank some. Is it important I remove both plugs or will the rear drain plug remove all of the hydraulic oil? Also how many of you actually retract the bucket fully and let machine over night sit and then check hydraulic oil level. Instructions say to have boom fully lowered which I always do but it also mentions to have bucket cylinders retracted which I do not all the way.