• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 160clc slow and week functions intermittent

Diesel Dave

Also, I am thinking there may be a different issue which is lagging from the original pump failure. I raised the machine up and was able to get the right track off the ground and tried to move forward and reverse to see if the track would spin and it would not but the pump would display 5600psi but no motion at all in either direction. I feel like this is from the original pump failure when the boom stopped as well.
Check to see if the right side counter balance valve is stuck in its bore located in the head of the propel motor. The counterbalance valve has to shift in either direction to open the passage allowing pressure to the brake piston releasing the propel brake.
1703689019557.jpeg

The Dirt Guy

Thanks for the info….I will look into it after I figure out why the pump 2 isn’t building pressure. So back to pump 2…if the pump is actually good but no pressure is being built. Reliefs are cleaned and new. Any thoughts on what I should check?

Steve Austin

At this point i would say swap the pump delivery hoses so pump 2 is supplying 4 spool side and perform an arm in and right propel and see what pump 2 does.
Don't worry about swapping pressure transducer connectors just monitor pump 2 pressure the pump and valve controller will not recognize how you have it plumbed up anyway.
If pump 2 pressure is still low than i would say pump.
If pressure comes up than would be a problem in 5 spool side of valve housing.
MG and Dave may have some input on this test.

The Dirt Guy

At this point i would say swap the pump delivery hoses so pump 2 is supplying 4 spool side and perform an arm in and right propel and see what pump 2 does.
Don't worry about swapping pressure transducer connectors just monitor pump 2 pressure the pump and valve controller will not recognize how you have it plumbed up anyway.
MG and Dave may have some input on this test.
That was what I thought as well…I’ll let you know what I find out. Pump place is sending a technician up next week to assist in diagnosing it as well.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Did you see Steve's comment? Pump 2 pressure came up, so, if the pressure transducer sensors/wires were not switched, then the issue would be in the control valve, specifically, the system relief isolation check valve on the 4 spool side would be my guess. Steve mentioned this in post #158 (see below).

I have been thinking about pump 2 delivery pressure and remembered check valve problems in main control valve.
He posted this picture, so I would suggest checking #17. It also wouldn't hurt to check #59 as well.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 6.33.01 AM.png

The Dirt Guy

Well the pump place came to my site and flow tested the pump. Both pump 1&2 showed 32gpm at 5000psi. So pump is good. I have an issue else where so I will reset and review notes and try to do everything to try to avoid pulling the valve controller.

The Dirt Guy

Sorry for the late reply here folks, i had some delays here on my end and i messed with the hoe a little and here is the update, still need to perform post 247 above as suggested, but i did boom the machine down just to see what would happen since that was the only function i did not try and while booming down i worked the tracks and was able to get the left tract to work and the right was trying but boom up was still a no go...my question is this along with performing post #247, which spool works boom up and right track? I've been reading and i keep going to the spool and i just want to check the one associated with boom up and right track. thanks....i hope to work on it this weekend and i will follow up.