• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 120 throttle problems

Ian Brady

I have a John Deere 120 I cannot get to throttle up or down. Replaced stepping motor and throttle dial. When key is switched on the stepper motor sweeps about 1/2 inch either direction then stops. When throttle control dial is moved you can feel a slight bump in the motor but it doesn’t actually move the arm.
It seems like it may have to do a learn procedure but there is no switch that it seems people are talking about. Thanks in advance for any help.

Diesel Dave

The learn switch should be directly to the right of the fuse box panel.
If it doesn’t truly exist , the part # is 4359384 .
Looks like it might come with the small guard to prevent accidental bumping of the switch.
upload_2022-12-5_9-49-32.jpeg

Ian Brady

The learn switch should be directly to the right of the fuse box panel.
If it doesn’t truly exist , the part # is 4359384 .
Looks like it might come with the small guard to prevent accidental bumping of the switch.
View attachment 274240

Well it turns out that you’re 100% correct and I couldn’t see behind the guard without my flashlight which I brought with me this am. I did a relearn and machine throttle works normal again. Thank you!

skyking1

Nice! I just went through a new computer install on our 120 and have been through this recently. Good going pumpguy.