• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deer 550g Dozer machine controls

HFservicesNC

Hi everyone. I have a John Deere 550 dozer that i would like to instal machine control on. I already have a top con laser and the receiver that i currently use on the dozer but we use in manually. I was wondering what it would take or what exactly i would need to make it where the receiver would control the blade. If possible i would convert it my self and didn't know if there was a kit or something to go off of. I am very good with electronics and hydraulics and had thought about getting some 2 way control valves and trying to plumb something up but don't know where to start with the lasers electronics. Any help?

dozerman400

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I remember working along side an operator that had the machine control your talking about, It worked great. I'd talk to Top Con and or John Deere to see what you need to hook it up. :my2c

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Hi everyone. I have a John Deere 550 dozer that i would like to instal machine control on. I already have a top con laser and the receiver that i currently use on the dozer but we use in manually. I was wondering what it would take or what exactly i would need to make it where the receiver would control the blade. If possible i would convert it my self and didn't know if there was a kit or something to go off of. I am very good with electronics and hydraulics and had thought about getting some 2 way control valves and trying to plumb something up but don't know where to start with the lasers electronics. Any help?

I have everything you need but we are some distance a part. PM if you want.

Ladell

Occupation
Semi Retired
Me too but for a 650G

I have a 650G with access to a Trimble blade control gps system, I'd like to be able to use it on my machine.
Thanks