• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deer 310 D - hydraulic fluid leak right side

robfxrs

Hello,
gotta ask, I am looking to buy a j.d 310 d
great price, not bad condition, every operates that I can tell
EXCEPT
looks like hydraulic fluid , constant steady stream on right side.best I can summize,
is it is on right side up towards the top of trans, below brake pedals
it is within the red circle. in pic

I have worked on cars, motorcycles and pickups, but never a backhoe. I have 0% knowledge on a backhoe.
was hoping one of you, might have idea on possible cause/remedy
an that determines if I purchase it.
I would really appreciate any input, or knowledge on this.

Thank you

Attachments

• jd310pic1.jpg
    jd310pic1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47

RES

I know nothing about JD. So take this for what it's costing you. Check the oil level in the trans to be sure no water got in from sitting outside. If it did it could be displacing oil and forcing it out.

Delmer

I don't know what it's called, but that's obviously a cover, not a vent, so it should have a gasket and not leak. First, see if any of those bolts are loose, torque them if they are loose. If not loose, clean the area, then remove the cover and replace the gasket.

For future reference, you may have a straight 310, if the serial number starts 310D that could stand for Dubuque. Post a pic of the tractor, or the serial number plate with any specific question.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
No, the level is not that high. If I recall correctly, the oil is from the normal leakage internal to the steering valve, which fills that little compartment for lubrication. There is a hole internally that then allows that oil to drain to sump.

robfxrs

I wish to thank everyone that read my post. And a especially a big, thank you
to those that replied.
well, I bought the unit, and tore into it.
you were right on the target. thats where the leak is/was
And that door, part 21467t cover,
is big time cracked.
so ordered the parts...
then see if leak fixed