• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

job site fun

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
So a buddy of mine who happen to be working the same job site as me Decided it would be funny to put some grease under my door handle. Granted it got a few laughs. Me the nice guy i am happen to notice that on his shiny f450 the windshield wiper were up like if he shut the truck down at the top of its stroke. So I got my grease gun while he was unaware loading trash into a dumpster and put a nice bead on the bottom of the blade needless to say at 3 when we were leaving all he did was turn the key and his face was priceless I just thought I'd share that with you

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I like the grease tricks too..simple and harmless..in most cases.
At my shop we all work on steel work benchs with a 2" front overhang..[lip]
MY FAVORITE is to grease the lip..depending on how tall the person is determines where the "stripe" lands..
Whats even funnier, they don't notice it.. for hours...and everyone, except them, gets a good laugh..

Another good one is the "prussion blue paste" "someone" got in BIG TROUBLE for that one..
You know the "blue paste" you put on valves when seating them in a cylinder head?
Try putting THAT on the boss's safety glasses...HOLY ****..is THAT FUNNY!!!...Just picture "PETEY", the dog from the "little Rascals" with 2 BIG BLUE rings..LOL
WE had a BIG shop meeting over that one..nobody fessed-up tho.. we were ALL laughing too hard..

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Well that's given me some ideas...:tong
Best I've seen is a little bit of grease on bridge of sunnies:D... that gets a laugh, except when you're the owner:mad:;)

wornout wrench

Had a guy with flaming red hair working with us one time, a bit of a prankster.
a light coat of never seize on the head band of his hard hat did the trick.

One of our favorites to do to a guy that gets a little too carried away is to sneak a slender tube into their tool box and attach the big power greaser.
Nasty little trick but it gets your attention:eek:

I have lots more

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Had one former employee hid my keys one time. When pranks start to waste a bunch of time and cost lots of money in down time it is not funny. That is why he is former.

ol' Grump

My favorite has already been taken (limburger on the exhaust) so I'll go with my next favorite. Crawl under the joker's vehicle with a chunk of light rope, tie firmly to driveline somewhere leaving one end hanging loose a bit, just enough to hit the underneath of the body. At low speed, it usually won't be heard but as the driver speeds up, it goes from a 'whish whish whish' to a 'thunp thump thump'.

mitch504

When a friend of mine got married I crawled under his pickup a put about a dozen black nylon wire ties on his driveshaft. He left on his honeymoon, and a half hour later he called to tell me he might need me to come get him, something was noisy. I said it was probably just a stick or something, just live with it. He called another hour later and said he had crawled under the truck without a light and couldn't find anything. I said what he was describing was classic for something just stuck in the driveshaft, keep driving. Another hour, he calls and wakes me up, he says it's no better, he's real worried, he's turning around; so, I have to tell him now. He laughs, says you got me, good night, then calls me every hour on the hour till daylight to tell me how good the joke was.

I got in his truck a couple of months later, they were still there, he said he didn't care once he knew what it was.

FSERVICE

first off don't never mess with the mechanic! ;) take the scharder core out of the valve stem on the tire & put it under the wiper blade for safe keeping, the offender now has a flat & no way to fix it till it rains.... you can choose whether to do more than 1 tire or not!! lol

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
i got my buddy good one time i just disconnected everything under the hood of his truck but i would place them where they go sort of connected but not good enough to make contact it was pretty funny watching him try and diagnose the mystery problem

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Take a foam cup put some grease on the bottom
Come. s up behind him and set. It on his hardhat

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Take a cutting torch lite it adjust to nuetural flame like you are going to cut
Then snuff it out on a piece of wood fill a Ziploc bag with the gas
set it where he will cut or grind makes a very loud bang
don't tell him what caused it

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
Less expensive and destructive:

1: New guy gets told to make sure to tell the boss turkey or ham for the holiday. Walks into the boss and says "get me a turkey".
2. Big spoon full of mayo and the old "does this smell OK?". Shove it up the gullible suckers nose who comes to snif. Works best if you are making everyone sandwiches forlunch. Who can hate the guy who brought lunch?

Occupation
Coal Farmer
Take a antifreeze jug, make a hole in the lid just large enough to insert a piece of vaccum line, rig a ball gave to your air hose and the other side to the vaccum line. Barely crack the ball valve and lay it in the shop floor and walk away. By the time it blows up you are long gone

bflobil

Occupation
Farmer, dirt work
A buddy and I got to work a little late one morning and the boss gave us a short lecture and then sent us to install some lights on a trailer. As I was off getting the electrical connections my buddy sat down and pulled the trigger on the electric drill....It was spinning backwards, so he yelled at our co-worker to unplug the cord, flip it over and for god sakes plug it in the right way this time! In the mean time he switched the direction on the drill and pulled the trigger again......."That's better" he hollered and went to drilling the hole. The look on that guys face was priceless! Completely bewildered.

bflobil

Occupation
Farmer, dirt work
I just remembered, I sent that same bewildered fella for a "metric" crescent wrench once too. He came back with an 8" wrench, I got upset and packed it back to the tool box. On the way I flipped it over and saw the metric size on the other side, so I tossed it in the drawer and grabbed it again, took it back and showed him the metric side(still acting upset). Got that same blank, confused stare from him and couldn't hold in the laughter any more.

NC289

Man i have to remember some of these, the most we do is get the industrial plastic wrap and protect their car from the rain. A good favorite on a jobsite with a fridge/ freezer, take their car keys and put em in their hard hat. Fill said hard hat with water and put it in the freezer for them. They wont lose their keys for a few hours. Another we do is take their keys/ small tool and wrap it in ductape....alot. Bet theyll leave the jobsite last :)