• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Haze313

I have a jlg t500j 24v i was using it in my yard to cut down tree limbs i went up to a limb cut it down amd when i turned around all power was off so i figured i accidentally bumped the shutoff button so i pulled it out and nothing did this a few times before i realized i had to climb down some how i managed to climb out off the lift and down the tree. Bottom line it jus died batteries have power checked the power at the key switch and both shutoff buttons and theres power going thru them just nothing works no turn on chirp and no foot placement lights i know cars but this is a puzzle to me

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Get a "load tester" and check the batts..
Happened to me yesterday.. driving along and the thing just shut-off like the key was turned off.
Battery showed 12v.. I put a load tester on it and it crashed into 0v.. went bad "just like that".. no warning.
You can get a cheap load tester for about 20.-25.00
It'll also show you the condition of your charging system.

That tester also saved me from buying 6, 110.00 batterys for my golf cart..
I charged the system and checked each one individually w/ the load tester and found the 2 bad ones..
220.00 was a lot easier to swallow than the 600. +..
That cheap tester MORE THAN paid for itself..

Haze313

Get a "load tester" and check the batts..
Happened to me yesterday.. driving along and the thing just shut-off like the key was turned off.
Battery showed 12v.. I put a load tester on it and it crashed into 0v.. went bad "just like that".. no warning.
You can get a cheap load tester for about 20.-25.00
It'll also show you the condition of your charging system.

That tester also saved me from buying 6, 110.00 batterys for my golf cart..
I charged the system and checked each one individually w/ the load tester and found the 2 bad ones..
220.00 was a lot easier to swallow than the 600. +..
That cheap tester MORE THAN paid for itself..
Im going to give that a try here in a min thanks for the advice ill let you know happens

Haze313

Well i fixed a coroded Battery cable end no results said screw it went back to working 2 hrs later turned the key and it worked i used it for half an hour stopped with me in the air kill switched it then back on and worked till i put it up. Still no clue Whats wrong.