1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG T350 Questions

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by rickw, Feb 27, 2018.

1. rickw

rickw Well-Known Member

My dad has a nice T350 in the barn he bought several years ago. It has never been used or plugged in to maintain batteries. It has approx. 100hrs on it. I assume the batteries are shot. Will the lift work if it is plugged in with bad batteries? Or is the plug just to charge the batteries? I want to get it out and get it working. Looks like the batteries are approx. $250 each and looks like there are 4 of them? For the limited use it may get it would be nice if we could just plug it in when we want to use it

2. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    Plug it in and charge the batteries .Let them charge and see if you get lucky

3. rickw

rickw Well-Known Member

I pulled it out of the barn and batteries were 1-2.5 v. I charged them each some to get voltage up to approx. 5-5.5v. I plugged in the on board charger and I am getting the 6 status light blink on the charger? I did not have my load tester to check to see if the batteries would take a load. It still has no response when trying to turn it on and lower out riggers? No beeps or anything. Any sugestions?

4. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    Rick what is your email address .I have trouble shooting manual and service to send you .Trouble shooting is very helpful.Look at page 29 .

5. rickw

rickw Well-Known Member

6. rickw

rickw Well-Known Member

Thanks to Tool_King I have the manuals for the lift! I have concluded that I need to replace the batteries before going any further. They are not holding or wanting to take a charge.

7. rickw

rickw Well-Known Member

Questions about batteries. Unit has 6v 255Ah batteries in it now. They are $200 each. I can get 6v 230AH for $117. Will that just reduce the run time some or will it hurt the machine? Machine only gets occasional use around the farm, we are not working it like a paint crew would. Would it be a 230ah would only have 90% of the run time of a 2555ah?

8. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    It would work .Just will not give you the run time .

9. southernman13

southernman13 Senior Member

Retired
    Make sure they’re same weight. Many times the batteries are part of the counterweight

10. rickw

rickw Well-Known Member

Ok. I went with the 230AH batteries as opposed to the 255. Some documentation I found stated 255 and some stated 225. I was able to get the Napa 8144 for $117 each as opposed to $200 for 255AH. I contacted my buddy who is rep for Deka battery and he said it would be fine. By my calculation is difference is 12% less run time. I got 12% less run time for 42% less money. The lift will get used around the farm and for occasional use, it has 91 hrs on it. Painting trim on the house, pressure washing the barn ect.
    Does anybody know if if is hard on the charger to leave the charger charging while you are running the machine?

11. southernman13

southernman13 Senior Member

Retired
    If they’re the same weight it shouldn’t matter. That’s the most important thing to be concerned with imho

12. rickw

rickw Well-Known Member

They are both heavy and same size case. If there is any difference in weight I could not tell when I was switching them