• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG Steering problems

Chhachha

I do have a JLG CM2546 and I some problems with the steering. I did change the entire joystick and check all the wiring and the proper voltage. All the micro switches seams to work good. It turn only left and when the right is engaged the pump is not working. It seams that it is a short somewhere because If I engage the button for right turn, after the wire from the coil is removed, and push the valve by hand it will turn right. The pump does turn on this way but not when the wire is attached to the solenoid. At first I thought it is a bad coil and I found a used one that is not quite exact as the other one. Instead of GU35-4-A 24V 26W 434 I have a GU35-4-A 24V 26W 389. Would the last number make a difference because with this coil is not working either? Again I do have proper voltage at each coil when the directional buttons are engaged and Zero when are off. Any ideas would be great!

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
You need to get the proper voltage to the coils first for them to work right . Here is the service manual Electrical starts on page 201 .

Attachments

• Oper-Serv-Parts_3120573_10-01-95_ANSI_English.pdf
    10 MB · Views: 4