• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG LULL 944E-42

Oscar Mejia

So I need to remove the big rear boom cylinder. I put an red arrow on the picture for reference. Can someone provide me with the necessary steps to remove it? I have other equipment that can help me pull it out.

Attachments

• 69ABD564-8557-46F4-B342-270CA5DE6624.jpeg
    69ABD564-8557-46F4-B342-270CA5DE6624.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 5

Vetech63

I assume you are talking about the extension cylinder. If so, are you positive the cylinder is what's leaking? There are hoses and fittings inside that boom also. The proper way to remove it is to pull it with the secondary boom then start separating it on the ground.

Oscar Mejia

Yes the seals are shot on it. Okay. I’m used to doing bobcats and cats compact skid steers type of cylinders and since this is a bigger cylinder my plan was to take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop so I can get it resealed. Do you think It can fit on a pick up truck bed or would it be best to hot shot it to the shop?