• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG Accuplace

Framer

How does perkins compare to cummins /deere? What do people think about, Isuszu, Mercedes, Deutz etc. I heard kenworth dropped cat because they were having so many problems with Cat engines with new emissions standards. I know I guy that switched to hitachi excavators over deere because they were so much better on fuel than deere. He said the guys liked the deere better because it sounded more powerful but no more work was actually getting done. I guy I go snowboarding with switched from Bombardier(Cummins) to Pisten Bully (mercedes) because of fuel economy. He says the mercedes are 20% faster and %20 more fuel efficient. Is this just a lag time? Because europeans seem to farther ahead with diesel technology than north americans. I guess the biggest downside could be cost to fix. It seems to me that mercedes might be the honda of diesel engines.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
cost of fuel forces EU to stretch mileage I think.