• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 943-A Telehandler Falling on its face

37train5k

I have a JLG 943-A and when I shift it into second gear, the thing falls on its face and does not want to move. It moves fine in first gear, but shift into second and it just slows to a crawl and eventually stops. Im at a loss here.. Anyone know where to start looking?

DARO

Occupation
Mechanic
Is the brake stuck on a little bit? It should free roll on a slope. Or is the engine loseing power. Blowing black smoke? Missing?

timstar2

I believe those have solonoids for each gear on the transmission maybe check the valves & coils on the manifold check the wiring. How many hours on the machine

icestationzebra

Not familiar with the machine, but wondering if two gears are engaged at the same time. Does it do the same thing in 2nd reverse? ISZ