1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 60HA crank issue

Discussion in 'Other Construction/Demolition Equipment' started by Pugs, Jul 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Pugs

Pugs New Member

I have a '96 JLG 60HA with dual fuel ford LRG423 engine. Had a failed spark control module so have now done an EDIS4 and megajolt conversion rather than the $2500 ford upgrade parts.

Got that all installed and have spark again, but it wont crank when in LP mode, just the LP cutoff solenoid will open and nothing else. If I put it in Gas mode (which hasnt been used in years) it will crank and after a couple seconds I can switch it to LP mode and it will crank there for a few seconds then quit and wont crank again until I switch it back to Gas mode.

I'm at my wits end trying to follow the blurry electrical schematics in the parts manual I downloaded from JLG. Have replaced the Start cutout relay behind engine as well as the other one next to it (ign power I think). I know if I jumper the start relay wires that would connect when relay is fired the engine will crank as soon as the disconnect key is turned. I have checked that the fuel select switch seems to be functioning normally and the vacuum switch also seems like it is working properly.

If I could get it to crank then I can start working on making it run with the new edis system. I did always have a problem before though where if it didnt start right away from the basket i had to reset the estop and it would crank right away but after a few seconds it would take right off.

Any thoughts on what to look for would be most appreciated, thank you for your time.