• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 60G steering hydraulics question

dieseldogg

Hi guys, just started to have a problem with the steering on my jlg60g. It will only turn left and the only way I can get it to turn right is to disconnect one of the hoses leading to it. Would this be an internal issue with the cylinder itself? Both hoses seem to have lots of pressure when disconnected. Any ideas?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I don't have any experience with the 60G myself, but I wager it's controlled by the typical JLG method using a 4 way solenoid valve. Have a helper operate the steer toggle while you check power at the solenoid valve coils making sure the left steer and right steer coils are getting power, and not both at the same time. If power checks ok, switch the hoses at the output ports of valve, see if cylinder problem now works in reverse.