1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 600A Break issues

Discussion in 'Other Construction/Demolition Equipment' started by DeanTheMillwright, Aug 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DeanTheMillwright

DeanTheMillwright New Member

I am relatively new to working on man lifts but have a pretty good working knowledge of hydraulics/electrical.
    I am currently trying to diagnose and fix a 600A (SN 0300067614) JLG
    every thing works fine till you drive the lift a few hundred yards, the breaks seem to start locking up and the engine starts to labor excessively, until it gets to the point the man lift will not move. if you let it sit for 1-3h it will work again.
    when the machine is "working" and you release drive control or let off peddle the breaks are a bit slow to act, as in it drifts before stopping. the breaks do engage but just slow to do so.

Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

I am newly registered but have been using this forum as a resource for some time, just the first time i havent been able to find the answers I'm looking for without posting