• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 450a Ford engine. Crank no start. Part # for Ford Ranger starter I can use?

agelectric

Starter was acting up for a while, but smack with wrench would get it going. Now my guys onsite say it will not start, just click. It is at site where they will not allow outside repair in. Don't really allow us to repair on-site either, but if just a quick starter and solenoid swap they should not care if I do it.

My local authorized shop seems to be giving me run around when I just ask to order parts.

This seems to be ford ranger engine. Any tips or warnings before I attempt to fix myself?

Delmer

Disconnect the ground cable from the battery before you start? Check for voltage on both sides (both big terminals with the key in start) of the solenoid to see if it's the solenoid contacts burned out, or bad connection inside the starter.