• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 450A 4x4 - seals blown in all 4 drive hubs

onedamnyankee

Hello,

I am new to this forum, so apologies in advance for any protocol violations... Anyhow, I have a 2001 JLG 450A 4x4 (articulating axle) and had to replace the hydraulic line that goes up the boom to the basket platform. The line was replaced and all seemed fine till I moved it about 3/4 mile to another location. The unit was in "level ground transport speed" mode, but was going slow so I turned the dial from "turtle" to "rabbit" mode and the unit accelerated properly. A few hundred feet down the road, all 4 hubs began pouring hydro fluid. The left front (turning wheel) seems to be leaking the most, but they are all severely leaking. The left front hub is leaking on the inside of the wheel AND the outside of the wheel. The three other hubs are leaking just on the inside of the wheels. I pulled up the PDF diagram of the drive hubs and see O-rings that I will likely be replacing, but I'm thinking some sort of "pressure over-ride" function is not working properly. Again, all 4 hubs began leaking within 10 minutes of the first one leaking - no problems prior to this.

My question is, what is the most likely cause to this problem? What needs to be checked/how/where? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John - Kingston, TN

mikebramel

I dont know anything about these but it sounds like you may have something come off your new hose line and blocking the drain lines to the motors