• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 40H Starting issues Ford Dual fuel

GTRClive

Well first issue I have is getting the old girl running. After spending some time on it today seems the Petrol system and maybe the LPG system have issues. Have ordered a fuel pump for petrol system and a filter etc as it was dry at the carb. But the LPG system I know nothing about, it does seem to be supplying gas but I'm not sure if its enough. Initially I thought it might be an ignition problem as the muppets that looked at it last have changed all the plugs but all 4 plugs are sparking up, will check the timing once I can find my Strobe light, but for now it starts ish but sounds like it only want to run on 2 cyclinders and only if you hold the throttle back to just off tickover.....

Anybody have experience with the LPG side ??

GTRClive

Well thanks to some one on here that suggested I look at the cam Timing, you where right sir it was 90 Degrees out..... new belt and tension from a 98-01 Ford Ranger 2.5
and it started right up....... Thanks again guys !!!