• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 40H engine identification

workin' man

HI all !! new here, please be gentle !! I have a 1996 JLG 40H with a ford industrial gas engine. cannot find a nameplate
anywhere. got a casting no off cylinder is all googled a decoding for that and still wouldnt help me identify what engine
i have !!! any help would be appreciated

Txhayseed

Go to jlg web site and look it up in the supplemental manuals based off your serial number. It will tell you exactly what motor you have.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
HI all !! new here, please be gentle !! I have a 1996 JLG 40H with a ford industrial gas engine. cannot find a nameplate
anywhere. got a casting no off cylinder is all googled a decoding for that and still wouldnt help me identify what engine
i have !!! any help would be appreciated
They came with a Ford LSG 423 / LRG 423 oil capacity is 5 qts with alternator is 40 amp while the LRG 425 D.I.S engine is 4.5 qts or 3.5 with low pro oil pan with a 95 amp alternator . Hopefully this helps .

Last edited: