1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

JLG 40H engine identification

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by workin' man, Nov 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. workin' man

workin' man Member

HI all !! new here, please be gentle !! I have a 1996 JLG 40H with a ford industrial gas engine. cannot find a nameplate
    anywhere. got a casting no off cylinder is all googled a decoding for that and still wouldnt help me identify what engine
    i have !!! any help would be appreciated

2. Txhayseed

Txhayseed Well-Known Member

Go to jlg web site and look it up in the supplemental manuals based off your serial number. It will tell you exactly what motor you have.

3. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    They came with a Ford LSG 423 / LRG 423 oil capacity is 5 qts with alternator is 40 amp while the LRG 425 D.I.S engine is 4.5 qts or 3.5 with low pro oil pan with a 95 amp alternator . Hopefully this helps .

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020