• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jlg 40h 2wd

snakeknuckles

so i have been refurbishing my 40h. Rebuilt power-deutz, working on controls...biggest problem this machine has is 2wd sucks in dirt.... I have a brand newly ordered bûcher diff lock valve that I am planning to install in place of the the factory c-balance flow splitter. Anybody done this before?

snakeknuckles

It would sure be nice if JLG were willing to allow their engineers to discuss technical details with individuals that own their equipment... I have tried to contact them repeatedly but got nowhere. Also, Bucher techs told me I am a consumer of one $800 valve and they normally don't provide technical support to user.
So the on going plan to make the 40h 2wd a more suitable off road machine has some minor complications that I am just going to have to deal with. Just a little background... This unit was bought used by a buddy of mine a few years back. I think it was built in 2000. The existing counter balance flow splitter allows this machine to spin one wheel with no help from the other side (perfect differential)- in other words, low pressure gets the flow. It is not very tractable off road despite the way it looks with 4 atv tires. The Bucher diff lock valve is a solenoid activated flow splitter that splits one flow into two independent flows- ie. both wheels will always turn together. The valve has 2 modes- differential and locked, activated by a 12 v solenoid. The JLG drive hydraulic valves are all frame mounted with the necessary hydraulic lines going through a swivel valve. So whatever hydraulics I need for the Bucher valve will need to come out of what is available at the swivel. The Bucher valve has two auxillary ports, a shock relief and a makeup port. the shock relief goes back to the tank-that line is on the swivel valve. The makeup line requires intermediate pressure (aux) flow- that flow is not available through the swivel. The plan now is to just take the output flows from the JLG flow splitter and recombine with a tee into the inlet of the Bucher valve. I will tie the antishock back to the tank and just cap the makeup port. Now the problem is how to get switched 12 V from turntable to chasis? I either make some sort of slip ring connection or use a wireless relay and provide a seperate battery on the frame. Any Ideas?