• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 1930e Horn blasts on all movements

LorenaGuy

I just bought this scissor lift used. Whenever I move it, the horn blasts. (forward, backwards, up or down) Is there a way to turn the horn off? Also, on the Platform Control Station, on the Battery Discharge Indicator, the left light is RED, the other lights are on GREEN. I can't find anything that shows what that means.

LorenaGuy

You're right. I got one on eBay and it works great. I can also change the acceleration speed for the movements too. They were set to the max and so whenever I tried to move, it took off like a rabbit. I changed them so now it takes off like a snail until I get used to it. It's a good thing I bought this tool. Also, as far as the horn is concerned, I went ahead and unplugged it as you really can't silence it too much with the tool. It took some searching to find it too as it's hidden in the battery compartment. The sound it makes is so loud and of a frequency that it's very hard to find.

skata

Did someone connect a horn to where the piezo buzzer/beeper should be.
Red and green lights all lit when battery full. Then the bars go down to just red as the battery dies .

LorenaGuy

It just bothered me when I saw the red light lit along with the green. It was sort of confusing. Thanks for the clarification. The piezo buzzer is connected properly.