• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD310 SE Tranmission - After heavy use will slip out of gear or not engage

Bluwavguy

Hi,
I've put in about 25 hours since purchasing this JD and for most use, in close areas, I have no issue going into FWD and REV.
On Friday and today I've been moving crushed rock to another area of my property (about 1/4 mile drive) and the issue will appear.
Normally I'm in 1st gear and 4x4 as I'm in the mountains with no flat land. Today, I moved one load of crushed rock and on the way it popped out of gear on the roadway in 3rd. I'll stop and wait. I'll put her in neutral, the shift into fwd and rev. After a brief period the tranny re-engages. I unloaded and spread the rock up/down a steep drive (up/down with no issue in fwd/rev). On the return drive down the hill in 4th, I stopped, shifting in to 2nd had to wait 30 or so seconds before the tranny engaged.
Any advice on what may be causing this issue would be greatly appreciated.