• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD Ignition switch troubles

Rick V

Occupation
Mine inspector
I have a JD 35d that I am having ignition switch issues. The machine will start when the starter is engaged however as soon as I let up on the key the machine e stops. In the run position there is no power, dash console is dead. When the key is turned fully to right to preheat the glow plugs it is fine. I suspect it is the switch. I called the dealer for a replacement and was told they had to order one , $200, so I immediately went and took a nitro pill. Is there any way I can put a toggle switch on it for the run position? If so which wires/ terminals I also do I use? Does anyone e have a wiring schematic for the 35d?