• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD CT 332 tilt problem

Ed Lynch

Looking for some help. Just got a JD CT 332 and the bucket tilt has a little issue.... While running the machine the bucket wants to tilt up on its own. Seems like it does it more while at higher rpm's. You can bump the right joystick to the right or dump and it will quit for a few minutes. Also when it does this, and you move the right joystick to the left more than just a slow dump, it dumps fast and if you keep moving to the left it is like it is in a neutral position and will not move. Just found the calibration instructions and will try that tomorrow.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ed Lynch

It has the following active codes:
EMU 520194.13 Machine model ID Wrong or missing
EMU 523694.12 Aux Hyd Channel Input Device Fault

The above codes were also in the stored codes as well as
HCU 2201.09 right joystick CAN data abnormal data rate
1 4087.0
3 4087.0
and it read the same for the left joystick exact numbers, I was trying to take pictures with my phone to get the codes, but missed the code for the left joystick.

Ed Lynch

I cleared the codes and it cleared the codes for the joysticks, but the first two codes it would not clear.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
First with the dump issue, did you try the calibration first? If so did it improve the issue?

EMU 520194.13 Machine model ID Wrong or missing

When you power up the monitor, what model appears in the window? This code means that the model identification in the monitor and the HCU (hydraulic control unit) do not match or the monitor has not had the model ID programmed into it. Has the monitor been replaced?

EMU 523694.12 Aux Hyd Channel Input Device Fault

This usually indicates a bad auxiliary roller switch in the right handle. That can be checked by pressing and holding the menu button for 5 seconds to enter service menu, then to diagnostics - right joystick - auxiliary roller switch channel 2 voltage.

Ed Lynch

Ok. Hooked up a grapple today and it would work for a few minutes then quit. I was using the roller switch. I tried to calibrate the bucket but every time I got to high idle, the bucket would start rolling toward the operators station? What voltage is the roller switch supposed to be showing?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
the bucket would start rolling toward the operators station?

Try unplugging the solenoids and see if the bucket will still roll when at full throttle. That will eliminate electrical causes if it still does. If it still rolls then swap the two solenoids on the bucket circuit to see if the roll changes direction. If it does then the solenoid is bad. If not, then there is something amiss in the control valve.

What voltage is the roller switch supposed to be showing?

Should be about 2.5 V in neutral and about 0.5 - 1 V one way and 4.0 - 4.5 V the other way.

I sent you a PM.