• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD CT 332 How tight should loader joints be?

ABruso

Occupation
Compost Owner/Operator
Hi all, I have a John Deere Ct 332. One or two of the nuts that hold the loader arm joints in place have been coming loose. Lock washers don't work. Next I will use locktite red. Before I do that though I want to make sure they are too their proper tighteness. I'm not looking for a torque spec. Basically, I can tighten them as much as possible with a big breaker bar. Then I can run the machine to shift the weight on that joint and then re tighten a little more. At that point, I will take the nut off, apply lock tite and re tighten. Does that sounds correct? Or am I not supposed to tighten all the way because it would restrict joint movement? Thanks

Shortone

I have the same machine and depends on which pin u are talking about most of them are tapered pins if they come loose replace pin right away. If that doesn't fix it get out the cutting torch and remove bushing and weld in a new one and a new pin also. I have done this with 4 pins on my machine so far.

ABruso

Occupation
Compost Owner/Operator
ok, I have two that go loose.

One is for the boom and is at the back of the machine, the bottom joint, the one closest to where you would fill in diesel if the arms are down. Its not the pin, but rather the bolt comes loose. Its got a lockwasher and its locktited as of yesterday.

The other is the lowest joint on where the bucket attaches , so its the bottom pivot between the boom and the bucket. This one the bolt came loosed and the cylinder (not sure if you call it a bushing or pin) started to move. So we hammered the cylinder back in place and put the nut and botl back. Locktited it yesterday.

What are you calling the pin and a bushing. I have the 'technical manuel' for the machine but its pretty crap in terms of diagrams.

Shortone

Ok both of those are taper pins that wedge into taper sleeves the bolt goes through both the sleeve and pin. When the bolt comes loose the pin slides out just a bit and rocks in the sleeve and wears the pin and sleeve. U can tighten the bolt all the time sooner or later the bolt breaks and the pin come out when running. For example on mine the bolt on the bucket hinge on the bottom left when sitting in the seat. Would come looses all the time. I kept fighting it to keep it tight until one day my pin come out and there I sat. I took the pin out and it was very worn. When I took the other bottom pin out it looked like new and wouldn't fit the other side since the sleeve was worn to far. I went to the dear and there is a d tack case on this. It took them several hours to find the part number. But I was able to order the sleeve that is the end of the boom on the bottom. I toke the plasma cutter and cut the sleeve off the boom were the bucket hinged on the bottom left. Then welded in the new sleeve and put the pin in and a new bolt. Now that was about 500 hours ago and be bolt never come loose again. But I check it every 100 hrs.

It was the same of my pin on the back opposite of your bolt on the boom by the fuel door. Buy new sleeve. Cut out weld in tighten and always u go.