• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 700J or D6k?

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Hey Guys,

Looking to get a different dozer in this size. I have a JD650h, that I am selling. I am looking at these two machines JD700j or a Cat d6k. I will be buying a machine with full cab, air and heat. I have other cat equip but have not ran one of there newer small dozers much. both have good dealers I my area so that is not a problem.

I like the way John deeres drive, does cat work as nice? I am looking for some good input here from guys that have run both.

Thanks.

forrestsain

Ive spent alot of time on a 700j. A few weeks ago i rented a d5k, it was a pretty nice. One of the things i noticed was how large the finals were. The stance of the machine is bulky in the rear, you couldnt see the rippers out the back. I didnt like that. I didnt like the blade control either. Instead of a t handle its a joystick with a button for angle. It did have a button that would shake the blade, that was cool. Ive spent thousands and thousands of hours running dozers, id get a deere