• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 700 H Tracks Rough on Hard Ground

Acivil

I recently bought a 700 H with +/- 4100 hrs on it, UC is worn but not gone, but the machine rides EXTREMELY rough when working on hard surfaces. Anyone had this issue?

QuickTrax

If the seller put new sprockets on this machine it could be throwing your pitch off if your chains are wore heavily.
If some of your grousers are better than others it can make for a really rough ride.

dadsdozerhd5b

are the lands of the tracks hitting the flanges of the rollers? if they are, trim the rollers with a torch to allow clearance until new tracks are installed.

coalrulz

If you are used to a larger machine with "Bogies" the smaller machines will seem very rough.

coalrulz

i also think the 700h does not have a front axle(hard bar) that pivots. i believe it is solid mounted like on the 650's and smaller

deerefan

Occupation
operator
I run the same dozer once in awhile only got 1700 on it it seems to ride extremely rough on hard ground, don't know y, still love it tho, lotta power for its size

JDOFMEMI

Check what dadsdozerhd5b said and see if the roller flanges are hitting the bushings. If so, a few hours with a cutting torch will help the ride, at least for a while.

cummins05

Could be it has steel tracks and the ground is hard LOL

I have found that if the cat is corked and if its double corked even worse they can be super rough on hard and frozen ground if it is cut the corks off you might find it will smooth out.