• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 6600 engine

Mquinista

Hy Gents,
Recently brought a JD6600 tractor, the engine is smoking and the seller made a fair price reduction, been digging around and
found out, that i messed up engines and this one has a JD6068 engine underated to 5,9 liter oposed to the common 6.8 ltr...
Seems this engine is not so common as the 6.8 brother, could someone shedd some light on the differences about this 2 engines...
would i be better with a used 6068 6.8 ltr instead of repair the 5.9?
thanks

Mquinista

hehe, well tractor data and other alike, or is this a 6059? as the 4045´s 3,9 ... being 4039´s
here in europe is not uncommon having same engines with diff displacements, borewise and strokewise, they keep same bock and head assy, just diff bores , pistons , rods and cranks...
would deere built a complete new engine just cause of diff stroke?
Anyway i would be interested in checking out this info...

Tyler d4c

I highly doubt it's special for a 6600 with that said if I found a 6068 with the right arrangement that everything fit it would be installed. I've never heard of a 6059

Tyler d4c

I highly doubt it's special for a 6600 with that said if I found a 6068 with the right arrangement that everything fit it would be installed. I've never heard of a 6059
Well appears a 6059 is a thing probably what it is then.

Mquinista

It has a 5,9 liter turbocharged engine at 83kw, thats what the oficial tractor papers say.
After some googling it apears there is a 6059, it shares a lot of same size parts with the 6068, wich comes to my mind if its not an EU style... same engine in all senses just under volumed... by stroke...
If this happens to be the case, a repair kit from a 6068 would suit just fine...
u guys know where one can get hold of repair manuals for JD engines?

Mquinista

Well, it might be... papers are never wrong... i would be very glad to see a 6068 under the hood... don´t think so...
U know where i can find a EPC online? maybe i can track the parts by PN ...

Mquinista

Hy,
I haven´t looked at that, i´m not close to it.
At the moment i have some desk days and i´m trying to find info, now that i can...
I guess this was my mistake, i assumed the tractor had a 6068 engine, and its not , it has a 6059T. since i´m not familiar with JD engines, to me it made sense being a lower displacement version of a 6068. EU brands like MB is very common for these engines to apear as a family with diff power levels, being the bulk components the same.
I also found a repair manual from DOD regarding this engine, despite it is for static engines, major components shouldn´t be that diferent.
Anyway a link for a manual relating to agricultural would be much apreciated.
BTW a operator and maintnance manual for this tractor , would help also
thanks folks