• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 644J Blown Turbocharger

Young James

This is something that was addressed on the K-series. On the wipers and lights...no matter what position they are in if you press and hold the button they will shut off. This fixes the problem with having to cycle through the remaining positions to shut the lights and/or wipers off.

that is a major complaint I have with my J series loader. Due to that, it wore out my wiper arm in no time. I have to cycle through the wiper modes to turn it off, and the 3rd setting sends the wiper in warp speed, and half the time it went right off the window. The 3rd setting is pointless imo. If it's raining that hard to need it, then you shouldn't be working. But I still have to "turn it on", in order to "turn it off"

2stagefanWI

Well being that im 18 yrs old, you wouldnt think i listen to classic rock much, but its my favorite music and the best music out there. Almost all of this new alternative music sucks, and i seem to revel in the "good days" of music although i wasnt even close to being born in that era. So im glad to see some other people who like the music my dad hooked me on :) because none of my friends like it and i rarely get to listen to it with other people (though they dont know what theyre missing). But anyways back on track with the loaders, i was really excited reading this thread! I hope theres more like this in the forum because even though this is the first time ive really looked into JD loaders, i cant wait to read more. You guys should discuss pro's/ con's/ complants more often! Cant wait to find more discussions like this one!

Alberta

Occupation
maintenance supervisor
For Burnout

Does your 950H have the command control steering ?

Alberta

Occupation
maintenance supervisor
Yes our 950's and the new 966 have command control steering. Trust me I am not a fan.

Our operators don't want to road them. They'll take the old 950F whenever they have to travel on the highways.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Our operators don't want to road them. They'll take the old 950F whenever they have to travel on the highways.

Same here, I was doing snow removal with a 966H and wheelin that thing around town at -30.... you lose steering very very very fast.

I'll stick with my Deere loaders anyways. I am not a big fan of Cat loaders.

MrKomatsu

hello ev1....99% of turbo failures are from lack of lube, resulting in bearing failure..aggreed?....now when a engine is run at fuel rpms for hours it have a serious oil flow going on in the lines....with that in mind 99% of the times that is a result of engine kill at high speed....turbines countinue to spin with no lube. i'm just saying...operators are different.....i myself have never seen them just go out....take care.