• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 570 question

biggrader

Occupation
Owner/Operator
What are u looking for as far as the differences? The 570B is just a newer version of the "A". The 'B''s started around 1988. The sizes are esentially the same with a few little teaks here and there. Deere went to the standard grader control layout on the B's whereas the 'A's had their own unique control layout.

da'yoop

I have been looking at 570's for sale and I thought I saw some A's that were listed as newer than some of the B's I was looking at. So I figured they were making both models at the same time. I used to run 570's quite a bit back in the 80's but I can't remember if they were A's or B's. They were fairly new machines at the time. Both ends of the blade control were operated with the right hand via two sticks. I also remember a T handle that angled the blade left or right and if you tilted the stick the blade would slide left or right. Is that the unique control layout?

rsherril

Occupation
Geologist, Retired from teaching sciences
Here is what I think I know. It sounds like you ran a 570 A, I believe the B series was introduced in 1986. The B series was turboed and the hydralic valve bank was relocated more to the outside of the machine. I think that this was done to keep some of the heat radiated from there outside of the cab. Check saddle pins operation before you buy. Mine were frozen from lack of use. I found some information at http://www.buyerzone.com/construction-equipment/motor-graders/ar-john-deere-articulated-grader/

Trashman

Occupation
Garboligist
I have been looking at 570's for sale and I thought I saw some A's that were listed as newer than some of the B's I was looking at. So I figured they were making both models at the same time. I used to run 570's quite a bit back in the 80's but I can't remember if they were A's or B's. They were fairly new machines at the time. Both ends of the blade control were operated with the right hand via two sticks. I also remember a T handle that angled the blade left or right and if you tilted the stick the blade would slide left or right. Is that the unique control layout?

The 570A was one of the best graders ever made. You are correct the A's had the T handle and the blade lift controls were on the right side of the tree.

da'yoop

Ya, I really liked them. Took me a bit to get used to sitting down while operating but then I loved it. The work day just flew by...